Two thirds of people in the United States are overweight, and over one third of the population is obese. These numbers have increased dramatically over the past 25 years. There are many factors that play into this, but the sickening thing is that we are killing ourselves. The leading causes of death in the United States (heart disease, cancer, stroke, respiratory diseases, diabetes, etc.) are mostly preventable! This blog is about my dedication to being healthy.
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Gardening
I like to listen to Ted Talks when I am folding laundry. I came across this one and loved it! Here is a man who sees a serious problem in his area, and does something about it. Pretty cool. I am going to use the first seven minutes of this in my health class. Also...Dennis and I may try to start a garden this year - but we'll see how that goes! Just a warning, there is some swearing in this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's it! I'm planting a garden and it's gonna be some beautiful art. And it's gonna save me some money! I'm inspired!
ReplyDelete